Keto Diet Explained
Sharing a keto hot chocolate recipe today that is about to be a favorite all season! My Pumpkin Spice Keto Hot Chocolate is low carb, low sugar and has you questioning how this can be a healthy hot chocolate!
Keto Diet Explained Keto Hot Chocolate
Over the last month, I’ve been enjoying a low carb, low sugar diet. Creating recipes that are keto friendly has been such a fun challenge for me. This pumpkin spice hot chocolate doesn’t taste like it’s a healthy option, it really is delicious!
Keto Diet Explained Ingredients For Pumpkin Spice Keto Hot Chocolate
- almond milk
- heavy cream
- granulated sugar substitute, I use Lakanta Monkfruit Sweetener with Erythritol
- sugar free white chocolate chips, I used Choc Zero
- use sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup, I used Jordan’s Skinny Syprups
- Sugar Free Whipped Foam Topping, I used Jordan’s Skinny Syrups
- ground cinnamon
Keto Diet Explained How To Make Keto Hot Chocolate
- Place almond milk, heavy cream, sugar substitute and white chips into a small saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk until melted and hot, takes just a few minutes. Pour into a coffee mug. You can enjoy this as White Hot Chocolate, or follow instructions below for a pumpkin spice variation.
- If you’d like pumpkin spice keto white hot chocolate, prepare as above but also add sugar free pumpkin spice syrup, stirring to combine and top coffee mug with pumps of whipped foam topping and sprinkle with ground cinnanon.
Keto Diet Explained Is There A Non-Keto Version To This Recipe?
Yes there is. Use 2% or whole milk in place of the almond milk, use regular granulated sugar and white chocolate chips and there are plenty of non sugar free syrups and foams too. Prepare as directed above with these substitutes for a non-veto version pumpkin spice white hot chocolate.
Once the almond milk and heavy cream are in the saucepan add the sugar substitute.
Add the chopped sugar free white chocolate chips next.
Keto Diet Explained Where Can I Find Sugar Free Chocolate Chips?
Lots of grocery stores will carry sugar free chocolate chips in the baking isle. I’ve been using Lily’s brand. Sprouts is another good place to get them. Choc Zero is what I used today and they ship from their website. I’ve ordered from Amazon as well when needed.
Whisk until white chips have melted and hot chocolate is hot.
Time to add the pumpkin spice and foam topping.
Keto Diet Explained Where Can I Find These Pumpkin Spice Syrups?
If you have a TJ Maxx/Home Goods in your area, check there. I found both of these sugar free syrups/foam at my local Home Goods. The brand is Jordan’s Skinny Syrups. You can find them online too.
For one cup of hot chocolate, I add 2-3 tablespoons of sugar free pumpkin spice syrup.
Add 5-6 pumps of sugar free whipped foam topping too. This is optional. If you can’t find it, the hot chocolate is still great without it.
Keto Diet Explained How To Serve Keto Hot Chocolate
Serve hot chocolate in your favorite coffee mug topped with whipped foam and ground cinnamon. Serve hot. I’ve even had it chilled and it’s great too.
Keto Diet Explained White Keto Hot Chocolate
This White Keto Hot Chocolate is low carb/low sugar and absolutely deliciuos! Can be made into Pumpkin Spice Hot White Chocolate too!
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
Course: Dessert, Drinks
Prep Time 5 mins
Total Time 5 mins
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Lakanta Monkfruit Sweetener with Erythritol, Classic
- 1 tablespoon chopped sugar free white chocolate chips I use Lily’s
Pumpkin Spice Addition
- 2 tablespoons Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup I use Jordan’s Skinny Syrups
- 5-6 pumps of Sugar Free Whipped Foam Topping I used Jordan’s Skinny Syrups
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
Place almond milk, heavy cream, sugar substitute and white chips into a small saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk until melted and hot, takes just a few minutes. Pour into a coffee mug. You can enjoy this as White Hot Chocolate, or follow instructions below for a pumpkin spice variation.
If you’d like pumpkin spice keto white hot chocolate, prepare as above but also add sugar free pumpkin spice syrup, stirring to combine and top coffee mug with pumps of whipped foam topping and sprinkle with ground cinnanon.
I found both of the Jordan’s Skinny Syrups at TJ Maxx/Home Goods, both under $5. Check your local Home Goods or order online.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 412mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 221IU | Calcium: 375mg | Iron: 1mg
Keywords: keto hot chocolate, pumpkin spice, pumpkin spice hot chocolate, white hot chocolate
Pin Keto Hot Chocolate
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe